Bobbin-work and Texture October 19 2016, 0 Comments
Using heavy threads in the bobbin:
- Wind the bobbin slowly and evenly by holding your finger around the tension disk.
- Do not fill bobbin all the way.
- A 8" X 10" fabric will make a new front for your Cross Talk Cell Carrier.
- Steam for texture.
Project: Cross Talk Cell Carrier. Written instructions on at www.alldunndesigns.com
Coloring and Applying Lace. June 02 2016, 0 Comments
There is often a problem with the color of a lace. If it is white it looks dressy or it doesn't match the fabric. Here is a jacket (Bias Jacket) that has white lace I painted to match the fabric. Since there were many colors to work with I just kept applying it with all the colors of Dye-n-Flow paint by Jaquard. Some of them I mixed to get a deeper tone. This is a very watery dye type paint that will work with natural or synthetics. Watch the video's on how I did it.
Paint the lace:
Watch how to apply:
Lace available at All Dunn Designs.
New Vest Pattern February 07 2016, 0 Comments
My new vest pattern called "The Long and the Short of It" is easy to make and comfortable to wear. I have made it from all kinds of fabrics from rayon to polyester chiffon. The easiest is making it from 2 pashmina scarves. Because the scarf is interesting on both sides, I made a flat seam so it could be reversible. Here is the video on how I did the seam. Make this pattern up in your favorite fabric by April 30, 2016, send me a picture and you will get your name in a drawing for a pair of 10" serrated KIA scissors (valued at $89). Drawing will happen on May 1st.
Afterthoughts - making pillows from Sweaters August 15 2015, 1 Comment
Simple Little Purse - Create a new look! February 13 2014, 0 CommentsBecome a Pattern MD - (modify designer)
OPERATION - Change the "Simple Little Purse" flap into a looped closure
Use the Simple Little Purse FREE pattern on the website.
- Take away the flap pattern. Measure from back top at opening to front where you want a button closure - double length and add 1".
- Cover a narrow cord the fininshed length. Double cord. Using a zig zag stitch, join cord from raw edge to about 2 1/2" from looped edge. The loop will close purse by hooking on button.
3. Insert raw end of cord onto top back. (follow same directions for inserting flap)
4. Measure your desired length for handle (add 4" to cord length). Make fabric covering 4" longer then cord.
5. Cut end of fabric at 45 degree angle. Tie a knot in cord at each end.
6. Place cord against side of purse allowing 2" to hang down and stitch to bag side.
7. Fold corners of bag together and stitch a pleat enclosing handles inside pleat.
8. Stitch button in place.
You have a new look to your simple purse. You are now a Pattern MD - OPERATION SUCCESSFUL!
A New Pillow Case September 12 2013, 0 Comments
I have made a new type of pillow case. This has a modern look for a great gift. I now have posted the instructions with the template on my website AND a video making the case from start to finish on youtube - all FREE! A Mod Case
By the way I like the polyester satin at Hobby Lobby the best. They have lots of bright modern colors too!